欢迎访一网宝!您身边的知识小帮手,专注做最新的学习参考资料!

静谧的战场:哈佛纪念堂校园情景对话

一网宝 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞

  哈佛学院是世界上顶尖的学院,以下是小编给大家整理的关于哈佛学院校园英语情景对话,希望可以帮到大家

  Han Meimei and John meet on Monday. They are now talking about their future major.

  J: Han, Which major do you plan to choose?

  J:韩,打算选什么专业啊?

  H: I haven’t think about this question.

  H:我还设想过这个问题。

  J: Jesus! Don’t you worry about or even think about you future?

  J:天啊,你从来没想过或担心过你的前途吗?

  H: Yes,I do. I just don’t want to ask for trouble so early.

  H:是的,我只是不想这么早就自寻烦恼。

  J: Too early? Han, it's your second year in high school!

  J:太早?梅梅,你现在已经是高二了!

  H: So what? Give me a break. Don’t laugh at me.

  H:那又怎样?得了,别取笑我了。

  J: Don’t get angry. I was just kidding, to test your knowledge of Harvard University.

  J:别生气,我只是开开玩笑,想试下你对哈佛大学的了解程度。

  H: Did it sound like a joke?

  H:这像开玩笑吗?

  J: I apologize. But you have to confess that you don’t know Harvard at all.

  J:我道歉,但是你不得不承认你对哈佛大学一无所知。

  H: Not again. Does it have anything to do with Harvard?

  H:又来了。这与哈佛大学有什么关系吗?

  J: Yeah, of course it does. Aren’t you going to Harvard after graduation?

  J:当然有关系了,你毕业后不是想去哈佛大学吗?

  H: Sure.

  H:是啊。

  J: So you’re right not to think too much about your major too early.

  J:因此你不想太早过多地考虑专业选择的问题是对的。

  H: Don’t fool me. You know how important a major is? You know what a major mean? To a large extent,it'll determine your future life,.

  H:别笑我了,你知道专业有多重要吗?你知道专业意味着什 么吗?在很大程度上,专业会决定你未来的生活。

  J: That’s right. A lot of students go to college because they believe that a good college or a

  good major will help them find a good job in the future.

  J:很对。很多学生认为上个好大学或者选择_个好专业会帮 他们在未来找个好工作。

  H: Is it wrong to think so?

  H:那么这么想,错了吗?

  J: No. I said everyone has their own values. But to me, a good higher education aims to

  educate well-rounded individuals.

  J:不是的,每个人都有自己的价值观,但是对我来说,一个好的高等教育的目标是要培育全面发展的人。

  H: Aren’t we?

  H:难道我们不是?

  J: If you aim at pursuing a certain occupational target, then you’re not well-rounded.

  J:如果你的目标是从事某一种职业,那么你就不是很全面了。

  H: Make sense. I have so many interests and I don’t want to give up any of them. As a result, I can’t decide on my major.

  H:有道理,我有许多兴趣,我不想放弃任何一个,所以我还设决定我要选什么专业。

  J: Don’t worry. The freshmen don’t choose a major at Harvard College. They are only

  required to take Expository Writing, and may enroll any courses in which they are interested.

  J:别担心,哈佛学院的新生不用选择专业。他们只要求新生学习说明文写作,学生 可以根据自己的喜好选择所要学习的课程。

  H: That’s great!

  H:那太好了 !

  J: Besides, you can even change your major.

  J:另外,你还可以换专业。

  H: Couldn’t imagine that.

  H:真是难以想象啊!

  J: Harvard College offers us a liberal education. You do have a major, but it’s not so important as you thought, especially when you plan to go to graduate school.

  J:哈佛学院提供了一个自由的教育环境,你可以选择一个专业,但是专业设有你想 象中的那么重要,特别是如果你打算继续研究生学习的话。

  H: Unbelievable.

  H:难以置信。

  J: The good graduate schools want flexible, adaptable minds, minds exposed to a broad

  range of knowledge and trained in rigorous critical thinking.

  J:好的研究生院是希望学生有灵活和适应性强的头脑,能够掌握全面的知识,拥有 良好的逻辑思考能力。

  H: So I don’t have to get a bachelor degree m pre-law if I want to go to the Law School.

  H:那就是说,如果我想进入法学院,我可以不用先拿到法学预科学位。

  J: Yes.

  J:是的。

  H: Really? (Han Meimei lets out a sigh of relief). To be honest, I've been torn between American literature and law. Vm interested in literature, but I want to be a lawyer.

  H:真的?(韩梅梅舒了一口气)说真的,我正在为选择美国文学,还是选择法律而 左右为难呢。我喜欢文学,但是我又想成为一名律师。

  J: You can major in literature first, and go to Law School for further education, like me.

  J:你可以先选择文学专业,然后进人法学院读研究生,就像我一样。

  H: You?

  H:你?

  J: I’m going to study physics and then go to Business School.

  J:我会先学习物理,然后去读商学院。

  H: Good idea!

  H:好主意!

  J: No matter how many your interests have, Harvard College will fulfill most of them. In addition to the major field of concentration, you can choose a secondary field which need not be related to the primary field.

  J:无论有多少兴趣爱好,哈佛大学都能满足彳尔所有的需求。除了一个主攻学习专 业以外,你可以选择第二专业,但是这个第二专业无需和主攻专业相关。

  H: We can choose as we wish.

  H:我们可以根据自己的意愿来选择。

  J: But we have to meet the minimal demand for a bachelor degree.

  J:但我们需要达到学士学位的最低要求。

  H: I like this kind of education. It treats students as humans rather than tools prepared for future walks.

  H:我喜欢这样的教育方式,它把学生当成真正的人来培养,而不是把学生训练成未 来工作所需要的工具。

精选图文

221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享